Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dream Cast for the Hunger Games!

Well. For a homework assignment, I had to cast a book being turned into a movie that hadn't been cast yet. I decided to do the Hunger Games, a popular Science Fiction action book that I recommend to anyone who wants an exciting read. The book is about the futuristic nation of Panem, formerly North America, that is split into twelve districts. Every year, the Capitol hosts a "Hunger Games," an intense battle to the death on live television that everyone has to watch. Each year they choose a boy and a girl over the age of twelve from each district to compete in the Hunger Games. Katniss' sister, Prim, gets picked for the 74th Hunger Games, and she's only twelve. Katniss volunteers to go for her, and is plunged into the nightmare the Capitol provides for their entertainment. Here's who I picked for the cast!:

Katniss Everdeen:
Katniss is the main character, who volunteers to be a "tribute" for District Twelve instead of her younger sister. She's supposed to have tan skin, long, dark brown hair, and grey eyes. I chose Jodelle Ferland because she looks the part, and has the right acting experience. I feel she could pull off Katniss' fierce on the outside, vulnerable on the inside attitude quite well.

Peeta Mellark:
Peeta is Katniss' male counterpart from District Twelve, and he's the baker's son. He is described as having blond hair and blue eyes. Katniss and Peeta don't have much interaction between the two of them before the games, except when Peeta intentionally burned bread so he could give it to Katniss' starving family. He is extremely kind and handsome, and good in front of a camera. For Peeta I picked Lucas Till. He's good at playing the oh-so-lovable pretty-boy, as we know from Hannah Montanna.

Gale Hawthorne:
Gale is Katniss' best friend from District Twelve. He and Katniss give each other comfort when their fathers both die in the same mine explosion at ages 11 and 13. Being two years older than Katniss, he sort of provided an older brother type thing, although it turns out to be more than that. For the part of Gale you need someone older-looking, with tan skin, dark hair and grey eyes as well. I chose Avan Jogia. He's handsome and looks great for the part, if you just cut his hair.

Primrose Everdeen:
Prim's name is the one originally chosen in the "reaping" for the Hunger Games. Suzanne Collins describes Prim in her book by saying she has fair skin and hair, and blue eyes. She is apparently delicate and beautiful. So, I chose Elle Fanning. She is so cute, and she has this angelic aura . . . totally Prim.

Rue:
Rue is Katniss' tiny ally in the arena. She can leap from tree to tree, and when you see her, it is "impossible not to think of a bird". She has dark skin, brown hair, and big brown eyes, and is much like Prim, which is why Katniss decides to help her. I chose Madison Pettis for the part of Rue. She fits the description and is the perfect age.

1 comment: